Blog Views

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Pines & Times


I've seen so many live come and go.

Some fast some slow.


The deafening silence up below.

While the clouds above laxly blow.


See I was placed here in 1873.

Not many people have seen what I've seen.


Yet now I hear a calling of fallen heroes, fathers, children, mothers.

What I've heard from where I stand cannot be told to others.


I've given rest to several tired souls over the years.

Taking their weight while they waited for a slate.


I recall Once, young lovers came to me in the night, for a delightful dinner under the stars.

So much better in my opinion then those hate-filled bars.


And another time a woman had her third child ten minutes after leaving me!

Oh the rush of the husband was something to see.


One man in fact, in those same arms of his loving wife, took his final breath while with me.

Theres no describing the life changing feeling.


I cry out "So much has passed me by!"

And yet most of the people I've touched lie silent behind me now.


JUST THINK THE SORROWS they've felt, all those souls come and gone.

But truly it's not all wrong.


You may ask "how?" I say look and see.

A gathering of past souls of used to be's.


Take a look behind me, those white washed slabs, all lined up, long rows.

The only visitors we get are a few angry crows... just looking for the next meal.


This seemingly dreadful area that I refer to is the old cemetery.

No one knows these grounds like me.


I'm the park bench on the outskirts of the lot.

The amount of people I've seen gone and come are quite a lot.


Some good, some bad.

I've heard everything that was said.


You'd be surprised how many poor people leave this world

without a love in their heart, and a tune in their head.

No comments: